Sleep Hygiene Tips to Help Cure John Noble’s Sleep Disorder
It’s been reported in the news today that filming of the sci-fi show ‘Fringe’ has been brought to a halt due to one of its star actors, John Noble, suffering from a reported sleep disorder. Reports claim that his lack of sleep has been affecting his performance, and consequently filming has been halted for nine days while he gets medical treatment.
This highlights how damaging insomnia can be to your daily life. It makes you feel tired, irritable and unable to concentrate. This can obviously have negative effects on your ability to perform in your daily job, whether you’re a teacher, builder or if you sit at a desk all day.
Sleep disorders and insomnia can be caused by a variety of mental and medical triggers. So one of the first steps to curing insomnia is to identify the underlying cause, whether it’s feeling anxious about a problem (like money) or a medical condition that needs treatment, such as heartburn.
Although the temptation might be to immediately prescribe Noble with medication to help him sleep, here are some sleep hygiene tips he can try to try and get more hours of healthy, rejuvenating sleep naturally:
1) Avoid caffeine or alcohol late at night – Caffeine will simply keep you awake while alcohol might help you sleep initially but you wont reach the deep sleep your body needs to rejuvenate.
2) Don’t watch TV, play video games or sit working on a laptop in bed – these activities will hamper your subconscious link between your bed and sleep. Beds should be just for sleep…and something else that can help cure insomnia.
3) Avoid strenuous exercise a few hours before you go to bed – your body’s activity levels aren’t like a switch that can simply be turned off when it’s time to get some shuteye. Instead, you need to start slowing down gradually
4) Have a regular sleeping routine – this might be difficult for Noble to achieve with a fluctuating film schedule to contend with, but you will find it easier to go to sleep if you have a regular routine. Try and go to bed at the same time every night, and get up at the same time (of course, late nights and late rises are allowed on weekends).
5) Avoid napping during the day – while political leaders and high powered business men like to boast of their ability to keep rolling with only a few hours sleep and a power nap in the afternoon. The problem with napping during the day is it knocks you out of your regular sleeping pattern and can leave you feeling wide awake until late into the night.
6) Try natural remedies – chamonille tea, milk and bananas are just three natural cures for insomnia that can help your mind and body to relax and to calm you down ready for 7 hours or more of peaceful slumber.
The first response to curing Noble’s insomnia might be to prescribe him sleeping tablets, which can be effective but can be addictive and can make you feel drowsy the next day. So it would be more sensible (and healthier) if Noble follows these simple sleep hygiene techniques so that he can be back on set and able to deliver fans of ‘Fringe’ the series ending they’ve been looking forward to all these years.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.