Everybody needs a good night’s sleep. Apart from giving you the chance to rest from the day’s activities, it is when we are in deep slumber that the body mends itself and prepares you for another day. So what happens then when you spend the night wide awake? You don’t get sufficient rest and your body won’t be able to make the necessary repairs.
This inability to get enough sleep is known as insomnia. If you have had one too many sleepless nights lately and you’re starting to wonder how to sleep better, then it’s time to evaluate the situation.
Here’s a quick checklist that can help you assess whether or not you are suffering from insomnia:
- Do you toss and turn in bed for hours wondering how to sleep?
- Do you find it hard to relax and slip into slumber even if you’re very tired?
- Do you wake up in the middle of the night and then lie awake thinking how to go to sleep?
- Do you have to resort to taking sleeping pills or alcohol just to catch some Zs?
- Do you spend a good part of the day feeling tired, irritable, and sleepy?
- Are you unable to function properly because of lack of sleep?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it’s likely that you are among the millions who lie in bed at night thinking, “How can I sleep?” Indeed, insomnia is the culprit behind many a sleepless night. But the good news is that there are many ways to get rid of it.
So if you are constantly wondering how to get more sleep, worry not. You may be suffering from insomnia now, but by taking the right steps, you can have sweet dreams instead.
Originally posted 2012-04-27 14:24:57. Republished by Blog Post Promoter